Kaithúra is one of the many planets in Hutt Space and is approximately eleven parsecs from Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa. Like most of the planets in the region, Kaithúra is a hideout for the scum of the galaxy. The planet remained under Hutt control for many years until the rise of the Empire when it fell under Imperial control. The planet also fell victim to the Yuuzhan Vong War, and became a temporary Vong planet until the invaders were defeated.
- "Kaithúra is the planet of opportunity! There’re more than enough Hutts on this chunk of rock who are looking for a pair of smugglers like me and you. We’ll have a job in no time at all."
- — Terril T'kira trying to convince Kye Faythara, High Stakes
As far back as is recorded, Kaithúra has been ruled by the Dasorda Hutt Clan. Today, it is ruled by Dordo Dasorda (a.k.a. Dordo the Hutt) and it is part of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances.
- High Stakes #1: "Heroes, Villains, and the Grand Scheme" (First Appearance)
- High Stakes #2: "The First Contact" (Mentioned Only)
- High Stakes #3: "Out of the Rancor Cave, into the Sarlacc Pit" (Mentioned Only)
Behind the Scenes Edit
- In the first draft of the script for High Stakes, Episode 1, the planet was actually Tatooine. However this was later changed to an original planet at the urging of a pre-release reviewer.